For almost 20 years, organisations have trusted CMC to help them achieve their change goals. Find out how we have evolved and why customers choose CMC in ‘our story’.
We founded CMC in 2002 to help public sector customers achieve their change goals, grow their capabilities and truly flourish. We wanted the freedom to build long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our customers, and through our knowledge of their business provide them with high-quality, specialist expertise that met their needs and fit their culture.
Initially specialising in delivery management (portfolio, programme and project management), our many years of working on major organisational and technology change initiatives showed that change success lies in a more holistic approach – one that includes the right level of focus on the people side of change, and a clear understanding of the change and its impact. So over time we extended our core capabilities to include business change training and consultancy, and business analysis.
In 2018, CMC Partnership became two separate businesses.
- CMC Global: Prosci’s Primary Affiliate for the UK and Ireland, providing change management training, capability building and advisory globally. You can find out more about the services that CMC Global provide on their website.
- CMC Consultancy: providing consulting delivery and support across the UK and beyond.
Each business now has the freedom to focus on their individual specialisms, while keeping close links with each other.
Today, CMC Consultancy is a thriving business working with a wide range of customers in the private and public sectors. Our aim remains the same as it was in 2002 and is captured in our vision statement: ‘we succeed when you flourish’.
We wanted our vision statement to say more than just what we do – to reflect who we are, how we work, and why we do what we do. So, we talked to our people and asked them about what they enjoyed most about working for CMC and what inspired them. They all told stories about community, collaboration, partnerships, and how our own success is tied up with that of our customers, our peers and our partners.
And so, our vision statement became ‘we succeed when you flourish‘.
- There’s a reason why our staff come to work with us and stay working with us – we create opportunities for them to grow in confidence and capability.
- And there’s a reason why we have long and positive relationships with our customers – we work hard to help them achieve their change goals. We leave them stronger and more change agile. Our customers’ success is our success.
This focus on people and relationships is, we believe, what makes us different from other consultancies.
Our values underpin everything we do. It’s critical to us that our people not only have the skills and experience to do the job, but that our values are reflected in the way they work, and the way they engage with our customers and with each other.
- TOGETHERNESS: People really matter to us. We strive to create an environment of belonging where everyone feels united, supported and listened to.
- INTEGRITY: We work hard to create a culture of openness, where people feel comfortable having honest conversations whilst staying true to our values and strong company ethos.
- CURIOSITY: We want to know and understand the people we work with. The more we know about our customers, the more value we can add. We get to know people and build relationships that last.
- RESPECT: We want our staff, customers, stakeholders and partners to feel engaged, interested and valued regardless of title or position. We practice putting ourselves in other people’s shoes and treat everyone with fairness, appreciation and kindness.
News & views
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR RECENT NEWS AND READ OUR CURRENT THOUGHTS
Agility & systems thinking
6th February 2020
In this article, Adrian Reed (Blackmetric) and Lyn Girvan (CMC) sit down for a virtual cuppa and discuss agility & systems thinking. We hope you find the article interesting and enjoyable! So what is ‘systems thinking’ and why does it...
2nd January 2020
We’re excited to say that our move to our new head office is complete! You can now find us in Langstone Business Park – just off J24 of the M4. The new office is lovely – bright and modern – and the open plan layout promotes our collaborative style of working. The breakout spaces give our...
We’re sponsoring #irmBCT!
22nd November 2019
We are delighted to be partnering with IRM UK this year as one of their sponsors for the Business Change and Transformation Conference Europe, 16-18 March 2020, 99 City Road Conference Centre, London. Come along to Europe’s leading conference...