Senior Communications Specialist (Security cleared)
Posted on: 21st January 2021
Length of contract: Perm
Start Date: 01/04/2021
Job Reference: CR/000172
CMC is made up of a community of like-minded people: committed, collaborative and always curious. We work with our customers, building on our collective strengths, to explore, evaluate and achieve together. We specialise in business transformation, working with a wide range of customers across the UK and beyond. Our goal is to build genuine, mutually beneficial relationships underpinned by honesty, respect and clarity.
We pride ourselves on our sense of community. Our vision statement – ‘We succeed when you flourish‘ – is not just a tagline. It says in a simple way that we want our people to grow, become more accomplished, more confident and more able to help our customers achieve their goals. It says to our customers that their success is our success – delivering what they need is what we strive for.
Our consultancy team continues to grow and we are now looking for a dedicated Senior Communications Specialist to support the Programme team in landing the changes to the business that the programme is delivering, including stakeholder management expertise. Like all CMC people, you will play an integral role in an inclusive and collaborative organisation where everyone’s contribution is valued.
You will ideally have the following key skills and experience:
- Creation of internal and external comms, digital and printed content
- Stakeholder management
- Ability to convert complex information into simple and easy to understand visuals and language
- Create internal networks to help distribute comms
- Establishing, developing and maintaining executive relationships
- Support events delivery, help prepare presentations and workshops
- Create branding toolkits and other merchandise
- Develop case studies and story boards
- Generate comms materials around recruitment
- Co-ordinate a library of approved products
- Support preparation of high-level briefings and responses
- Monitor trends and best practice in communications and creative industries
- Recording/editing video and audio
- Identify, build and manage relationships with external suppliers
You will ideally have:
- Previous Government experience
- Previous internal communications experience (3-5 years)
- Stakeholder management (3-5 years)
- Current security clearance or be eligible and willing go through the process (details can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uksv-national-security-vetting-vetting-information-leaflets)
CMC is a welcoming, inclusive employer. We welcome applications from individuals from every background who have a legal right to live and work in the UK. Applicants should be aware that, notwithstanding any level of clearance, successful candidates will also be subject to an HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard Check.
Apply for this role
Please send us your CV using the form below and we will be in touch.