Business Analyst – Security Cleared
22nd July 2020
Job ref: CR/000135
Type of contract: Permanent
Start date: September 2020 or ASAP
CMC is made up of a community of like-minded people: committed, collaborative and always curious. We work with our customers, building on our collective strengths, to explore, evaluate and achieve together. We specialise in business transformation, working with a wide range of customers across the UK and beyond. Our goal is to build genuine, mutually beneficial relationships underpinned by honesty, respect and clarity.
We pride ourselves on our sense of community. Our vision statement – ‘We succeed when you flourish‘ – is not just a tagline. It says in a simple way that we want our people to grow, become more accomplished, more confident and more able to help our customers achieve their goals. It says to our customers that their success is our success – delivering what they need is what we strive for.
Our consultancy team continues to grow and we are looking for a security-cleared Business Analyst to join our team. Like all CMC people, you’ll play an integral role in an inclusive and collaborative organisation where everyone’s contribution is valued.
Your role as Business Analyst will be to understand and identify client requirements, comparing them to their current capabilities along with developing the strategy to close the gap. You will also be part of the implementation process, so this role would suit a Business Analyst looking to develop their skills to encompass the full project lifecycle.
- Carry out research and data collection to understand the organisation’s current situation and issues
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis along with conducting appropriate modelling to define the problem concisely and hypothesise the proposed solution
- Prepare business proposals and presentations to present findings and recommendations to support the client selecting the most appropriate solution options, considering all possible alternatives and striking the right balance between tactical improvements and strategic solutions. You must have a proven record of working with stakeholders to reach consensus in this way
- Ensure that solutions provide measurable benefits to the organisation
- Help to define how benefits can be realised, and how they will be measured
- Provide a bridge between business and technical teams to ensure collaborative approach to tasks
- Support project managers to ensure that projects are delivered in the right way
- Help manage changes to project scope, and identify potential risks and impacts
You will already have the following key skills and experience:
- Strong delivery focus
- Analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills; comfortable working at both a conceptual and detailed level
- Self-confident and self-motivated to drive forward analysis, and present findings and arguments in the face of challenge or resistance
- Strong influencing & networking skills, and ability to develop internal and external business relationships, using knowledge, skills and experience to influence others
- Able to convey complex information and clearly articulate user needs to both technical and non-technical staff
- Strong understanding of business analysis techniques and their application to business change projects
- Ability to respond quickly, prioritise effectively and execute tasks in a complex and changing environment
You will ideally have:
- Current security clearance or be eligible and willing go through the process (details can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uksv-national-security-vetting-vetting-information-leaflets)
Getting in touch
If you would like to discuss how your experience fits the role, please reply with your CV attached quoting CR/000135.
CMC is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from individuals from every background who have a legal right to live and work in the UK.
Applicants should be aware that successful candidates will also be subject to an HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard Check.
Apply for this role
Please send us your CV using the form below and we will be in touch.